Upcoming Cloud Community Stuff
Are you in the North Texas or Oklahoma area and interested in cloud development? If so, you’re in luck! This month and next month I’ll be traveling all over the area spreading some cloudy goodness. Take a look at the lineup below.
- On September 17 former Microsoft Developer Evangelist Rick Rainey will be speaking at the North Dallas Cloud Computing Group on securing cloud applications with Azure Active Directory. This session will cover the basics of Azure Active Directory and will demonstrate how easy it is to configure using common development tools like Visual Studio. The North Dallas Cloud Computing Group is proud to be sponsored by Improving Enterprises and Pluralsight. Learn more about this upcoming session at http://www.meetup.com/NorthDallasCloud/events/203490372/.
- On September 18 I will be presenting “Building Massively Scalable Applications with Windows Azure” at Thomson Reuter’s Beyond the EDGE 2014 conference. This annual day-long conference is dedicated to community, exploration and team-building and will be held this year at the Doubletree Dallas - Galleria. Learn more about this unique event at http://bte.thomsonreuters.com/dallas/.
- I’m excited and honored to be presenting at the inaugural meeting of the Oklahoma City C# User Group on October 6. I will be presenting “Building Massively Scalable Applications with Windows Azure” covering everything from the basics of cloud computing to building real-world applications on the Windows Azure platform. For more information on this new group please visit http://okcsharp.net/2014/09/03/October2014Meeting/.
- I’m looking forward to presenting “What is Visual Studio Online?” at the Dallas .NET User Group on October 9. Officially launched in 2013, Visual Studio Online is a complete, cloud-based ALM tool designed to streamline source control, build management, agile planning and QA from within Visual Studio. If you’re curious about Visual Studio Online you will definitely want to attend this whirlwind tour.
- Last but certainly not least, join me and several other top speakers including Jared Spool, Amir Rajan and Caleb Jenkins at this year’s Dallas Tech Fest on October 10. This year’s conference has a deep focus on development, mobile and UX and will be held at the famous Gilley’s Dallas. I will be presenting “Building Massively Scalable Applications with Windows Azure.” Tickets are $100 a piece but, if you use the discount code “UGCASEY” you can pick up tickets for only $75. Learn more about this annual event at http://www.dallastechfest.com.
I look forward to seeing you at some of these events. I am very excited about what’s going on in the local community over the next few months.